Sunday, April 11, 2010

Nokia Bluetooth Headset Bh 504 Schw review


I placed my order for the Nokia BH-504 Stereo Bluetooth Headset from the Nokia online store on Easter Bank Holiday Sunday and they arrived the following Thursday well packaged in perfect working order. I had trawled the Internet for weeks looking for a lightweight Bluetooth alternative to wired headphones for my iPhone 3GS (0S 3.1.3). I initially considered purchasing a pair of Nokia BH-905, as they can also be used wired but personally could not justify paying £150 for a set of headphones. Setting up (syncing): Turned on Bluetooth on my iPhone, turned on headphones and they synced immediately without any problems. I didn’t even require the passcode (0000). Once synced, they automatically pair with the phone every time they are turned on. Bluetooth range: Excellent. Exceeds stated 33ft used with my iPhone 3GS in my apartment. On two occasions, the music has cut out for a second, but apart from that no issues. Pros: Compact, lightweight closed back headphones (smaller than they appear in the pictures). Very similar in appearance to the more expensive Nokia BH-905. Very comfortable ear padding and adjustable headband. Compact folding mechanism which appears to be well designed and made. I have only tested them in my apartment listening to a variety of Jazz, Classical and Pop music. I used various EQ settings on my iPhone, but have settled for the ‘Bass Booster’ EQ setting, which gives a nice full balanced sound with a rich bass. I am no expert, but they sound pretty good to me. The maximum volume is loud enough for my requirements, but I have yet to test them outside or on public transport. The control buttons are situated on the right hand earpiece, and are easily accessible. The volume can be adjusted and calls can be answered and ended using the multi function button (see cons). When used to make or receive phone calls, the sound through the headphones is clear and the person on the other end of the line states my voice is clear. Each time you answer a call, the music automatically stops and then starts again once you hang up. Charging takes less than the stated time - about 45 minutes. I have used them for about 7 hours on one charge and they are still going well. Cons: When paired with the iPhone 3GS, the Fwd and Rev buttons on the headset do not work. Also, when paired, the volume can only be adjusted using the volume controls on the headset. This appears to be an issue with the iPhone (Apple), not Nokia. Care may be needed when opening and closing the mechanism if you are heavy handed like me. I personally would have preferred a hard case and not a soft travel bag due to the folding mechanism. I have since purchased a Techinka 4.2” Sat Nav case for £5.10, which the headset, charger and soft case fit into perfectly. There is a slight (lip sync) sound delay when watching videos on my iPhone. This appears to be a Bluetooth issue. Overall: An excellent, stylish well made Nokia BH-504 Stereo Bluetooth Headset for the price. Well done Nokia.

No comments:

Post a Comment